Dust Mites Can Wreak Havoc on your Health
It is critical to bring the fight to the dust mites. The tough part is you may not realize these dastardly dust mites are to blame. These invisible enemies are so small they can’t be seen by the naked eye. Dust mites are one of the most common household triggers for allergy and asthma symptoms. Even the cleanest homes can have high populations of dust mites. Some of the top spots for dust mites are areas such as the bed, carpet or soft furnishings. These could also be some of your favorite spots! By taking action against dust mites, you can protect yourself from these invisible enemies and find relief.
Understand these key points about dust mites:
- Dust allergies are caused by the waste particles and dead bodies of the mite rather than by the mite itself.
- Dust mites thrive in pillows, mattresses, blankets, carpets and other soft furnishings.
- Soft furnishings offer a dark, warm and humid living environment. Fight dust mites here first.
- Your bed is the ideal environment for mites because they need the humidity generated from your body and access to their #1 food source—the skin cells you shed.
- Over 1 million dust mites can live in a bed where they can significantly impact your health while sleeping.
What’s Your Action Plan?
Start in the bedroom. Specifically, with encasing your bed, since you spend up to one-third of the day here and are exposed to the highest levels of dust mite allergens.